Responses to the work of the New Atheists
- A Brief Response to The God Delusion - a critique of the central argument of Richard Dawkins' bestselling book The God Delusion
- A Somewhat Lengthy Response to The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man - a review and critique of Robert Price's Incredible Shrinking Son of Man.
- A Long Response to Sam Harris' The End of Faith - a Christian response to Sam Harris' bestselling book The End of Faith
- The End of Faith FAQ: are naturalistic ethics possible? - a long FAQ for my essay on Harris' book. Contains a fairly long response to the question of whether there exists an atheistic, naturalistic basis for ethics.
- A Brief Response to Christopher Hitchens' God is not great - a Christian response to Christopher Hitchens' bestselling book God is not great
General essays for agnostics
- A letter to agnostics, skeptics, and atheists - a very short welcome letter to agnostics, skeptics, and atheists who've stumbled onto this site
- Why I Am a Christian - short essay on why I became a Christian and what makes people in general become Christians
- Brief Answers to Common Objections - short answers to philosophical objections to Christianity that I've encountered
- Jesus For Atheists - Is the message of Jesus for atheists?
- Faith, Doubt, and Certainty - What does it mean to have certainty about our beliefs? What is the role of faith and doubt?
- Asking the Right Questions - What does it mean to ask "Is there evidence that God exists"?
- Do objective moral values exist? - What are objective moral values? What is the evidence that they exist?
- If naturalism is true, can objective moral values exist? - Can naturalism furnish a basis for objective moral values? If nature is all that exist, is it possible for actions to be objectively good or evil?
- Why should we seek the truth? - Is it good or obligatory for us to seek the truth? What answers can atheism provide? What answer does Christianity provide?
- Three Paradoxes of Atheism - What paradoxes does any atheistic worldview have to face? Are they resolved by Christianity?
- The Moral Argument for God's existence
- The Necessity of Faith - an essay on the centrality of faith to all people, whether atheist, agnostic, or Christian
- Resurrection and Worldview - a discussion of the historical evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and the influence that our presuppositions will play in assessing it.
- Resurrection and Worldview FAQ - responses to a few common objections to Christian apologetic arguments for the Resurrection.
- Quantum mechanics and materialism - how does quantum mechanics relate to a materialistic worldview?
- What does it mean to live in a universe where God judges evil?
- God And Evil - Does the existence of evil disprove God? If God exists, then what is the answer to the problem of evil?
- All Christians are Apologists - In what sense are all Christians apologists? How can we best defend the faith?
- How I Became a Christian - the story of how I came to put my trust in Jesus Christ
- Brain Tumor Letters - a series of letters I wrote to my friends and family shortly after being diagnosed with a 5cm brain tumor
- The Gospel According to Sheryl Crow - a brief reflection on the Sheryl Crow song I Shall Believe through the lens of the gospel
- Sharing the Gospel with Jehovah's Witnesses - how can I share the gospel with Jehovah's Witnesses? What is the key issue for a Christian to address when talking to Jehovah's Witnesses?
- Bad Pro-Choice Arguments - What are some popular pro-choice arguments? What is wrong with them?
If anyone reading these essays has questions about them or about Christianity in general, feel free to e-mail me at neil -AT- shenvi.org I will do my best to answer them.